- LBP: 13′ or 14′
- LWL: 12′ – 10.5″ or 13′ – 10.5″
- Beam: 5′ – 10.75″
- Draft: 0′ – 7″ / 3′ – 0″
- Sail Area: 95.5 sq. ft.
Questions? Plan FAQ
What’s in the Plan?
Small Plans PDFs
1Purchasing these plans constitutes agreement to the conditions of this release:
Stock Plans Conditions of Sale
Making this purchase constitutes agreement to meet the following conditions:
1) ANTONIO DIAS agrees to supply these stock plans on acceptance of the stock plan fee.
2) The designs remain the property of ANTONIO DIAS,and may only be used with a purchase from ANTONIO DIAS.
3) ANTONIO DIAS authorizes the construction of one boat from the purchase of a stock plan,unless other specific arrangements have been made in writing concerning payments for royalties for building more than one boat.
4) Strict compliance with the plans,specifications,tolerances,and materials is mandatory for achieving the intended performance of the boat.
5) Since use of the boat is in itself an activity that requires some degree of skill and judgement on the part of the operator that we cannot know exists or not, and since ANTONIO DIAS is not building the boat nor directly involved in overseeing the accuracy of the builder in following the design, the stock plan purchaser agrees to hold ANTONIO DIAS harmless from any results of using the plans supplied.
6) All stock plan sales are final.
7) Continuing with this purchase provides the right to build one boat from these plans.
1. Is this a lapstrake ply hull? Are the lap plank shapes shown on patterns?
All of these small boats can be built in glued lapstrake or traditional lapstrake if suitable stock is available and you are comfortable with this technique.
No, there are no plank patterns.
All my plans require the builder to be familiar with lining off and patterning their own planking.
2. What size and quantity of marine BS1088 ply is required?
These plans do not include detailed material lists.
3. I prefer a gaff main rather than gunter, is such a modification possible?
Yes, a high peaked gaff rig would be suitable.
There are many possible variations in adapting a boat plan to fit your needs.
A degree of discretion is needed to be able to adapt without destroying a designs integrity. If you’d like an alternative rig or to make some change. Ask me.
4. Do the plans have sufficient detail for assembly, mast and rig details?
These plans expect a high level of experience with small boat building.
There is sufficient information to complete the boat as intended. There are not detailed How-to instructions.
A builder is responsible for finding and learning the required techniques on their own.
These books are a great place to start.
5. Is this hull built upside down on a building jig?
5. I don’t see this design on Duckworks, and I don’t use PayPal. Are there other means of paying for plans, like a CC? Are the plans sent by pdf?
Plans can be purchased with a credit card by clicking on the Purchase button.
All plans come in PDF format and are downloaded as a zip.
6. Are study plans available?
No. I try to put as much as I can into each design’s Project Page, including small scale images of most or all of what’s in the plans.
If you still have questions send them along via the contact form.
6. Will I be able to build this boat?
If you have any doubts it would be best if you find a design and plans or a kit specifically developed for an entry level amateur builder.
These plans are offered for those who are interested in building these specific designs and are experienced enough to work from a minimum of documentation.
These plans are the way they are because I am interested in developing a certain kind of craft and want to provide an alternative to what is available elsewhere.
My efforts follow my interests. My time has gone into honing the lines and developing the wholeness of the boat I have in mind.
I also believe that entering into the difficulties and reckoning with the necessity to find one’s way while maintaining fealty to a design’s intention is one of life’s important lessons. A step-by-step, follow-the-instructions plan goes counter to what I believe is important to bring to people’s experience.
I understand this does not sell many plans.
There are plenty of designs/designers out there offering that kind of plan.
A trio of books on Lapstrake Boatbuilding:
Like what you find here?
©Antonio Dias, 2010 – 2022
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Antonio Dias and Antonio Dias Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.